Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Persistence Pervails!

I had persistently been visiting Dad's Doctor's office over the past two months hoping to speak with the Doctor about changing the cause of death on Dad's death certificate.  (Luckily for me, the office is within walking distance to my house.)  The Doctor finally called me about a month ago and I explained briefly over the phone what I was hoping for.  His answer was, "Well, I can't do that.  How do I know he died from Alzheimer's?"  And I responded, "I understand.  That is why I have compiled a folder of information that includes some medical records and a recent CT scan..."  He gave me the go-ahead to drop it off at his office.

Weeks went by and every time I stopped by, the office manager would shake her head.  The Doctor hadn't looked at the information yet.  In the meantime, I emailed the administrator, who happens to be his brother, urging him to put pressure on the Dr. to consider my request.  I never got a response.

A couple weeks went by, we were busy, and I kept forgetting to check in with the office.  Finally I went by on Friday, and there was good news!  He approved the change, but forgot to sign the actual paper so that it could be faxed to the mortuary.  We were in the home stretch, but I didn't want to celebrate yet.  Then, yesterday I got the call that everything was signed and that the fax was being sent.  It's sort of anti-climactic, but I know it was the right thing to do for my Dad and for the cause. 
I took a picture of the Doctor's corrections....
It will now say that he died of Cardiopulmonary Arrest but right under that (the underlying cause) will be Advanced Alzheimer's Dementia.  That should make him a statistic. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your father is indeed more than a fighter. That should inspire people to go a little bit further in ensuring the best, and most intensive home care we can employ to our elderly loved ones. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Michelle Simmons @ Comfort Keepers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS. You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.... 

    ReplyDelete